Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Currency of Heaven

Well, if you've read any of the content on this blog up to this point than you've realized that I grossly overuse rhetorical questions. Nevertheless, I will still start of with yet another, mainly because this is how my brain works: I come up with an ethical or philosophical question that I would like to tackle and then do my best to try to. So, here's another!

For this entry the question is: what if we were all paid what we were really worth?

If you're anything like me than the first thing that comes to mind after hearing this question are thoughts of how we really aren't paid what we're worth individually or societally, as far as monetary value goes. There are many people who are completely overqualified for the kind of work that they're doing, and yet there are many others who are given a salary that greatly exceeds the physical or mental labor that is required of them.

However, I'm not talking about our "monetary" worth per say. I'm talking about the worth of our integrity, and, at the risk of sounding corny, the worth of our hearts. Our actual individual worth for the future well-being of society. There would be some way to pay everyone based on how generous they were, and no one could fake it. There would be some sure-fire way to tell what the true intentions of each heart was.

I've often time thought this because of this thought that has most likely crossed many of your minds as well: if I had the kind of money that that guy has, I would do so many better things with it!

But is that really true? I guess none of us could really know until we were actually put into that situation. I'd like to think that it is, but until that time comes, or even if it never does, I think that the best course of action is to keep a firm resolve to do the best thing possible to help others with whatever resources you've been given. So, thats what I'm going to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment